THE VICTORIA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
THE COUNTY OF VICTORIA IS AN
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phones and facilitates callers with requests for emergency and non-emergency service for police, fire, and emergency medical service.
- Directs caller inquiries and non-emergency calls to the appropriate agency or organization.
- Dispatches law enforcement, fire, and emergency medical personnel and notifies support and crisis personnel as needed through the use of multi-channel radio system.
- Operates telephone, computer, radios, intercoms, and other related equipment.
- Requests and disseminates vehicle registrations, driver's license information, criminal history, and other information through the use of the Texas/National Crime Information Center database computer systems.
- Obtains computer information and disseminates to law enforcement officials and investigators. Enters related information into the system.
- Sends and receives teletype information to and from related agencies.
- Maintains records or logs of work performed such as calls assigned to law enforcement officers.
- Sends requests and responses for warrant information to related agencies via teletype.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
- Typing speed of 30 wpm or better; experience with computer systems
- Ability to pass a basic spelling and aptitude test
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in highly stressful, sometimes emergency situations
- Ability to obtain Telecommunications Operator certification from TCOLE
- Willingness to work shift work, holidays, and weekends
- Preference will be given to those who currently hold a TCOLE Telecommunications license.
Salary Rate: $20.13 per hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
Submit applications to:
Lt. Will Franklin, Training Coordinator
VCSO personnel must complete a Supplemental Employment
Application and submit their resume, along with a complete training record to the Training Division by Noon, October 11th, 2019.