OCHILTREE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
PATROL DEPUTY POSITION
- Starting salary is $48,348.96 - $54,795.12 (Depending on experience and Certificate)
- Paid overtime, paid at time-and-a-half
- Full benefits, including paid health insurance for employee (Family coverage at $180/month)
- Vision and dental available
- Retirement through Texas County and District Retirement System.
- Uniforms provided, except for boots.
- Weapons include, sidearm, backup, patrol rifle and shotgun.
- Take home units
- Patrol county and city roadways
- Respond to calls for service, enforce traffic code, direct traffic, respond to traffic accidents, serve warrants, serve civil process, and transport inmates.
- Complete offense and incident reports, investigate criminal activity including securing crime scenes, obtain latent prints, take photographs, collect evidence, and testify in court
- Perform other duties as directed by the sheriff or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required by TCOLE.
- Possession of a Valid Driver's License, must obtain a Texas Driver's License within 90 days.
- Must possess a Basic Peace Officer License and be in good standing with TCOLE.
Chief Deputy Wayne Floyd
Ochiltree County Sheriff's Office