JOB TITLE: Patrol Deputy - Sheriff's Office
OBJECTIVE: To provide law enforcement for the County.
- Reports to: Sheriff, through the chain of command.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Patrol and provide law enforcement, traffic enforcement, detection and crime prevention, civil process under the law of the county, state and the federal government. Proactive in community-oriented policing, public relations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (to include but not limited to):
- Investigates crimes against persons and property;
- Provide law enforcement service and assistance for county;
- Gather, process and preserve evidence
- Prepares reports and maintains records;
- Testifies in court when required;
- Enforces county, state, federal law and all written regulations;
- Respond to calls for assistance, work on assigned shifts or specialized law enforcement functions;
- Make ethical decisions that conform to applicable laws, office policy, regulations, etc.
- Conduct accurate, thorough and complete investigations;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills/knowledge;
- Communication skills, both verbal and written with proper use of English grammar;
- Knowledge of Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedures and Traffic Code
- Weapons proficiency.
- Fitness level to perform job functions;
- Ability to lift 10-20lbs frequently and 20-50lbs occasionally;
- Must be able to work shift hours, weekends, holidays and be on call;
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent;
- Valid Texas Driver's license with an insurable driving record;
- Must possess Peace Officer License for the State of Texas
Hall County is an equal opportunity employer