Come be a part of our team!!!
• Starting salary $34,180 – 36,180, plus certification pay
• Full benefits package, including comprehensive Blue Cross medical coverage, through county
• Retirement through Texas County and District Retirement System
• Uniforms (except footwear and duty belt) provided
• Weapons (shotgun and patrol rifle) provided
• Take-home assigned unit
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Patrol county and city roadways and assists citizens in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Respond to calls for service as directed, performs traffic enforcement duties, issues citations as necessary, direct traffic as well as respond to traffic crashes.
• Complete offense and incident reports as well as investigate criminal activity and may be required to testify in court.
• Execute warrant and on view arrests as required in hostile and non-hostile environments and situations.
• Respond to Estray calls.
• Investigate and protects crime scenes, obtain latent prints, take photographs, mark and record evidence in the chain of custody and deposit all evidence into the care of the agency evidence holding facility.
• Serve civil process documents.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Sheriff or supervisor.
• High School Diploma or GED required by TCOLE for this position.
• Prefer 5 years’ experience as a Peace Officer
• Possession of a valid driver's license. License as a basic peace officer in good standing with TCOLE a must.
• Must be able to pass the TCOLE mandated physical and psychological requirements.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required
Chief Deputy M Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org 940.567.2161 or mail resume to Jack County Sheriff’s Office, 1432 FM 3344, Jacksboro, Texas 76458