Come be a part of our team !!
- Starting salary $30,244-32,244 plus certification pay
- Full benefits package, including comprehensive Blue Shield medical coverage, through the county
- Retirement through Texas County and District Retirement System
- Uniforms (except footwear) provided
- Detention Officers provide custodial care necessary for the security and well-being of inmates confined in the Jack County jail.
- Responsibilities include preparing inmates for transport to court appearances
- Processing new inmates
- Supervising inmate visitation
- Distributing food to inmates
- Conducting security checks
- Handling control room operations
- Work is performed under the general supervision of a Corporal, Sergeant, or Lieutenant
- Only candidates who are available for shift work, including overnight shifts, are eligible to apply for this position
- Candidates MUST be available to work any shift.
- Candidates must have the knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes.
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) County Jailer Certification within twelve (12) months after assignment (paid for by Jack County).
- No previous experience necessary.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Operator’s Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Respond to Chief Chris Reger at email@example.com 940.567.2161