Collin County Sheriff's Office (Dispatcher Position)
The Collin County Sheriff’s Office is recruiting for the position of Dispatcher.
Communications Dispatchers perform a full range of radio and telephone operational duties in this 24-hour facility. Dispatchers are required to process and prioritize incoming calls for police, fire and EMS assistance relays emergency and non-emergency calls from citizens for fire, police, and medical assistance. Interacts with law enforcement officers to ensure their safety and provide assistance when needed. Processes requests for warrant and vehicle registration checks. Performs related duties as needed.
- Only candidates, who are available for shift work, including overnight shifts, are eligible to apply for this position. Candidates MUST be available to work any shift.
- Must successfully pass with a score of 80 or above on the CritiCall Skills Pre-Employment Test.
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain TLETS Certification and Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Telecommunications License within twelve (12) months after assignment (paid for by Collin County)
- Must successfully pass a typing test of no less than 35 WPM. Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- No previous experience necessary
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Operator’s Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Starting Salary: $40,358 per year
- Certification and special teams pay
- We have several specialized units and opportunity for advancement throughout the Sheriff’s Office
- Tuition reimbursement
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long and short-term disability
- Vacation leave, paid training, and sick leave
- TCDRS Retirement with a 2-1 match
- Uniforms provided
The best way to learn more about our office is to schedule a tour. Not only will you see firsthand what happens throughout the Sheriff’s Office, you will be able to see our facilities, the working environments, and you will have a one on one experience where you can ask questions.
If you would like to inquire about the position or you have any questions, request to speak with Investigator Angel Hawkes at (972) 547-5155, or email SOrecruit@CollinCountyTX.gov.
Collin County Sheriff’s Office
4300 Community Avenue
McKinney, TX 75071