The Gaines County Sheriff's Office currently has an opening for a Full-Time Patrol Deputy.
Position: Full- Time Patrol Deputy
Salary: $23.66 per hour (+3% increase after October 2018)
Benefits: Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave, cell phone stipend and longevity pay. Retirement, Health and Life Insurance. Uniforms and assigned duty weapons. Additional benefits are available.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce laws established for the protection of persons and property.
- Enforce traffic laws and respond to accidents.
- Respond to emergencies and prioritize calls on urgency.
- Investigate criminal activity, process crime scenes, interview witnesses, suspects and victims and prepare detailed reports which may include photographs.
- Conduct some follow up investigations.
- May serve to help train lesser experienced deputies.
- Prepare and submit administrative documentation including times cards, activity logs, vehicle maintenance, fuel logs and others as needed.
- Make arrests, serve arrest and search warrants, serve some civil process and investigates and reports on ESTRAY animals when necessary.
- Carries a firearm and maintains weapons proficiency as determined by the agency.
- Cares for and maintains all County issued property and assures that it is in good working order or condition.
- Shall fulfill the employments standards of this position and comply with county policies, rules and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Sheriff or his designee.
- TCOLE Certified Basic Peace Officer in good standing with the commission.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- Demonstrate and operate proficiency with a computer and other multi-media devices.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and maintain accurate, detailed records.
- Safely qualify with a firearm and maintain firearm proficiency.
- Effectively use and operate a digital camera, video, in-car video system, body camera and all associated programs necessary.
- Adequately demonstrate defensive and safe driving techniques as they relate to an emergency operations in a Sheriff's Office vehicle.
- Maintain mental capacity and physical condition.
- Effectively handle work environment and conditions which involve personal danger and potential exposures.
- Ability to work any shift*, weekends and holidays are required for this position.
*12 hour shifts, every other weekend off
Contact Chief Deputy Clint Low for an application at 432.758.9871 Ext. 4511