Position: Full-Time Deputy Open until Filled
Salary: Current-$ 36,000.00 Plus certificate pay. Step pay $3,000 after 5 years of service. Also Paid over time.
Summary of Position: Performs public safety work. Work involves the enforcement of criminal and general laws of the State of Texas. May train others.
- Patrols and detects violation of state laws and regulations, makes violator contacts, and places violators in custody or issues citations or warnings.
- Patrols in high crime areas with appropriate action to reduce crime.
- Patrols assigned areas and County office buildings, grounds, and parking facilities to check for security violations.
- Apprehends criminals, rescues victims, seizes illegal contraband, detects and prevents terrorist attacks, and disrupts criminal organizations.
- Conducts personnel, traffic, and criminal investigations: prepares complaints and cases for
presentation in court; preserves and presents physical evidence; testifies in court; and reports disposition of case.
- Serves traffic and criminal warrants; and arrests, processes, and transports prisoners.
- Performs disaster rescue operations, responds to critical incidents and major investigations,
cares for the injured, controls crowds, and directs traffic.
- Removes debris from roadway; assists stranded motorists; and arranges for transportation,
repair, or towing services.
- Maintains liaison with appropriate personnel and entities to collect and share relevant
- Answers inquiries pertaining to legal, policy, or procedural information.
- Plans and participates in safety programs.
- Performs routine maintenance and servicing of assigned fleet vehicles, and prepares activity, auto, mileage, repair, and gasoline consumption reports.
- Trains consistently with issued weapons and equipment, and maintains all equipment in proper condition.
- May train others or provide guidance to less tenured staff.
- Performs related work as assigned by Sheriff.
A job profile is not a comprehensive job description.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED is required. Must be 21 at time of hire and have a valid Texas driver's license. License as a basic peace officer in good standing with TCOLE. Must pass criminal history background check; drug screen, physical exam and psychological exam.
Applications mandatory and available on line at Anderson County Sheriff's Office or Anderson County Employment Opportunities.