Position: Full-Time Jailer Open until filled
SALARY: Current-$30,000.00 Annually Plus certificate pay. As of January 1, 2019-$31,500.00
Summary of Position: Performs correctional work involving the care and custody of offenders. Work involves training in officer and offender relations, security, and corrections management.
- Participates in the care and custody of offenders in adherence to
correctional laws, rules, regulations, and established procedures.
- Performs searches of buildings, dormitories, and cellblocks for contraband and performs searches of offenders.
- Oversees and controls offender movement within buildings or specific
- Prepares and maintains records, forms, and reports.
- Assists in responding to emergency situations, searching for escaped
offenders, and transporting offenders.
- Performs related work as assigned by Sheriff.
A Job profile is not a comprehensive job description.
REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED is required. Must be 18 at time of hire and have a valid Texas driver's license. Must pass: criminal history background check; drug screen, physical exam and psychological exam.
Applications mandatory and available on line at Anderson County Sheriff's Office or Anderson County Employment Opportunities.