The Martin County Sheriffs Office is currently seeking qualified applicants for two (2) Deputy Sheriff positions.
Applicants must be of high moral and ethical character. Applicants must be trustworthy and self-motivated and follow the directions of their immediate supervisor. Deputies are assigned to 12-hour shifts, working 14 days in a 28-day period, with every other Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. All applicants will be subject to an extensive background investigation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must hold a Texas Peace Officer License or
- Must have completed a Basic Peace Officer Course and
- Must have tested and passed the Peace Officer’s Exam and
- Must be eligible to be licensed as a Texas Peace Officer by TCOLE.
- Must possess a valid Driver License.
- Must pass a background investigation.
Must be willing to live in Martin County or an adjoining county within a 30 minute response time of Stanton Texas.
- Starting Pay of $50,000-$55,000 DOE
- $1200 per year uniform allowance ($100 monthly)
- 13 Holidays per year
- Vacation 80 hours per year / Sick time 8 hours per month
- Take home vehicle (New Fleet of Chevy Tahoe)
- Paid Health Insurance for the employee (Blue Cross / Blue Shield)
- 75% Dependent Coverage Family Insurance Paid for by County
- Agency furnished patrol rifle/shotgun/precision rifle (.308) and Taser
- Deputies furnish their own duty weapon and gear.
- TCDRS Retirement 2 for 1 match
- Agency Cell phone and Laptop provided
Applications may be obtained thru the Martin County Website. Applications may also be picked up at the Martin County Sheriff’s Office 3522 IH-20, Stanton, Texas.
You may email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.