The Reagan County Sheriff is accepting applications for the position of Patrol Deputy.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must hold a Texas Peace Officer License or
- Must have completed a Basic Peace Officer Course and
- Must have tested and passed the Peace Officer’s Exam and
- Must be eligible to be licensed as a Texas Peace Officer by TCOLE.
- Must possess a valid Driver License.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Must be willing to live within 30 miles of Big Lake, TX.
- BASIC Peace Officer pay at $54,250.00 annually.
- Certificate Pay increase at $1200 per license level.
- Cell Phone stipend pay.
- Employer paid medical insurance.
- Issued sidearm and rifle.
- Issued uniforms and bullet resistant vest.
- Take home patrol unit.
The Reagan County Sheriff’s Office is located in the County Seat of Big Lake, TX in West Texas. On any given work day, Reagan County’s population swells to an estimated 15,000+ people. Fourteen Peace Officers are the dispatched law enforcement for Reagan County and the City of Big Lake. Response to service include, but are not limited to, Major and Minor Crashes, Theft, Burglary and Assaults. A growing Investigation Division has been very active, resulting in many drug arrests and solved thefts.
Interested persons may apply by requesting an application to our email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a current TCOLE Personal History Statement to the same email address.