Position: Jailer II
General Job Description: Duties as assigned as a Corrections Officer at the Waller County Jail.
Assignment will include the following responsibilities:
- Maintain care, custody and control inmates housed at the jail facility
- Security of the jail facility including cells and common areas
- Processing the booking in and releasing of prisoners
- Assist in transporting prisoners between the jail and the
- Courthouse and other locations as assigned
- Perform duties on 12 hour shift assignment basis
- Other duties as directed by the sheriff or jail administrator
- TCOLE licensed jailers preferred
- Valid Texas driver license
- Ability to interact with all persons and officials in a professional manner
- Possess computer skills to make information and data entries.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
Salary & Benefits:
$17.65 per hour + health insurance, retirement plan, longevity pay, sick pay, vacation & holiday. Work schedule allows for every other Friday, Saturday & Sunday off.
Applications must be received by mail, fax or in person. All applicants may not be interviewed. No telephone calls accepted. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Submit applications to:
Sheriff R. Glenn Smith
Attention: Major Larry Cook
701 Calvit St
Hempstead, Texas 77445
Fax # 979-826-7781