The Hill County Sheriff's Office, a community-oriented team of law enforcement professionals, is seeking to fill immediate openings. If you are a quality individual looking for long-term employment in a rewarding field, please apply today.
STARTING PAY: $19.36/hour; $40,272/year; after first year: $19.82/hour; $41,220/year (base pay)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Possess Peace Officer TCOLE license
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to walk, run, climb or crawl in the pursuit of suspects; to work outdoors in inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
- Candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a medical examination including drug testing.
- All sworn personnel shall complete a minimum 12 month new-hire probationary period.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Certification/Education Pay; monthly stipend available upon hire.
- Specialized Skills Pay: monthly stipends available up to $300/month/employee
- Longevity Pay after completion of three years of service.
- PTO (Paid Time Off): Accrued 6.81 hours per pay period
- 13 paid holidays observed per year
- FREE employee medical, dental and life insurance
- Take home car program
- 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off
- Uniforms and equipment, including vest, sidearm, leather gear and a cell phone are provided.
- Hill County is a member of Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS).
- 7% of your gross wages per pay period are contributed and matched 2 to 1 by the County
- Vesting requirement is 8 years of continued service.
TO APPLY: Go to www.co.hill.tx.us and download the "Sheriff's Office Employment Application." The applicant must fill out by hand and deliver the completed PHS to HCSO located at 406 Hall Street, Hillsboro, TX.