Responsible for conducting investigations of all crime types. Conducts suspect interviews, follows up on investigative leads, prepares reports of all investigations conducted, performs undercover assignments, executes search warrants and other tasks required to solve criminal cases.
STARTING PAY: $22.66/hour; $47,139/year
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts investigations of all major crimes including, sexual assaults, robbery, child abuse, burglary, auto theft, and all other crimes in violation of Federal, State, and County laws.
- Prepares initial, supplemental and final reports of all investigations in a clear, logical, concise, and impartial manner.
- Appear as a witness in cases before Federal, State, or County court for prosecution of violations of laws or for any agency that calls for assistance in regards to Mutual Aid.
- Secure and execute search warrants appropriate to crime scene and all other circumstances relevant to on- going investigations; maintain proper chain of custody on all seized evidence.
- Recruit, cultivate and maintain informants and decoys for use in support of criminal investigations.
- Perform undercover assignments and surveillance operations for all criminal activities requiring covert investigations.
- Participate in field conferences and meetings on matters dealing with criminal justice programs, including crime and delinquency prevention, criminal investigations and other enforcement activities.
- Act as a liaison with Federal, State and County agencies.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Chief Deputy or Sheriff.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid state driver's license
- Possess at least an Intermediate level TCOLE Peace Officer license
- Two years previous Investigator experience preferred
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- Ability to walk, run, climb or crawl in the pursuit of suspects; to work outdoors in inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
- Candidates will be expected to participate in and pass a medical examination including drug testing.
- All sworn personnel shall complete a minimum 12 month new-hire probationary period.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Certification/Education Pay; monthly stipend available upon hire.
- Specialized Skills Pay: monthly stipends available up to $300/month/employee
- Longevity Pay after completion of three years of service.
- PTO (Paid Time Off): Accrued 6.81 hours per pay period
- 13 paid holidays observed per year
- FREE employee medical, dental and life insurance
- Take home car program
- 12-hour shifts with every other weekend off
- Uniforms and equipment, including vest, sidearm, leather gear and a cell phone are provided.
- Hill County is a member of Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS).
- 7% of your gross wages per pay period are contributed and matched 2 to 1 by the County
- Vesting requirement is 8 years of continued service.
The Hill County Sheriff's Office, a community-oriented team of law enforcement professionals, is seeking to fill immediate openings. If you are a quality individual looking for long-term employment in a rewarding field, please apply today.
TO APPLY: Go to www.co.hill.tx.us and download the "Sheriff's Office Employment Application." The applicant must fill out by hand and deliver the completed PHS to HCSO located at 406 Hall Street, Hillsboro, TX.