Position: Full- Time Dispatcher Open until filled
Salary: Current - $ 30,254.00 Annually. $3,000 Step pay after 5 years of service. Paid overtime.
Summary of Position: Receives and dispatches emergency and non-emergency calls to appropriate public safety personnel; operates the radio console and 9-1-1 telephone systems.
- Receives emergency calls, complaint calls, reports and routine traffic calls by multi-line telephone, radio or personal contact and refers the call to appropriate personnel.
- Receive 9-1-1 calls and take the appropriate action to provide the emergency assistance needed.
- Dispatch law enforcement and fire equipment, resources and personnel in response to emergency calls.
- Conduct computer searches through local, state and national files for possible wanted persons or stolen property and provide information to the requesting officer
- Record various records, logs and reports on the specified form an in the specified format
A Job profile is not a comprehensive job description.
Requirements: High School diploma or GED equivalent is required. Must be 18 at time of hire and have a valid Texas driver's license. Must pass criminal history background check, drug screen, physical exam and psychological exam.
Applications mandatory and available on line at Anderson County Sheriff's Office or Anderson County Employment Opportunities.