THE VICTORIA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
THE COUNTY OF VICTORIA IS AN
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, assist callers with requests for information regarding records, warrants, time served, etc.
- Data entry including warrant entry, citation entry, county and district court bills, orders, capias withdrawals, dismissals, Grand Jury indictments, etc.
- Coordinate with other counties and Courts/Extradition Unit to schedule in state and out of state extraditions.
- Effectively coordinate with other county offices including County and District Clerk's offices, DA's office, Adult Probation, Parole, JDC, JP offices, etc. on numerous tasks to ensure good working relationships.
- Coordinates with TDCJ regarding detainers, bench warrants, time served etc.
- Process Victoria County bonds and out of county bonds.
- Performs wanted checks for weekly fingerprint and local background checks.
- Coordinate with Adult Probation and bail bonding agencies for travel expense reimbursement.
- Assist Records Administrator as needed with quality control of reports and data entry for compliance with TCOLE Racial Profiling Report, IBR, UCR, etc.
- Assist Records Administrator in meeting compliance for deadlines and regulations with requests for public records under the Freedom of Information Act and Texas Public Information Act.
- Interface with public in VCSO lobby and delegate to appropriate division.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Typing speed of 30 wpm or better; experience with computer systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and determine priority in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and effectively.
- Ability to take on a heavy workload and accurately complete projects in a timely manner.
Salary Rate: $16.10 per hour
Closing Date: February 7th, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Submit applications to: Lt. Will Franklin, Training Unit
VCSO personnel must complete a Supplemental Employment Application and submit their resume, along with a complete training record.