Motley County Sheriff's Office is accepting applications for the position of Full-time Deputy Sheriff.
• High School Diploma or GED required by TCOLE for this position.
• Minimum 2 Years of experience as a Peace Officer.
• Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License
• Valid Texas Basic Peace Officers License, in good standing, from TCOLE.
• Must be able to pass the TCOLE mandated physical and psychological requirements. Must be willing to relocate to Motley County Texas
Pay: $25,000.00/ YEAR
Benefits: Take home vehicle with updated equipment to include department provided weapons ( AR-15, Remington 870 12G, Taser) optional Colt M1911 duty weapon. Paid comp time and vacation time, county provided cell phone. Office issued Level 4 tactical vest.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Patrol county and city roadways and assists citizens in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
• Respond to calls for service as directed, performs traffic enforcement duties, issues citations as necessary, direct traffic as well as respond to and investigate traffic crashes.
• Complete offense and incident reports as well as investigate criminal activity and may be required to testify in court.
• Execute warrant and on view arrests as required in hostile and non-hostile environments and situations.
• Investigate and protects crime scenes, take photographs, mark and record evidence in the chain of custody.
• Serve civil process documents and conduct civil standby as required.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Sheriff.
Sheriff Robert Fisk
Motley County Sheriff's Office
PO Box 715
Matador TX 79244