Wilbarger County Sheriff's Office (Correctional Officer)
- Applications may be picked up at the Wilbarger County Sheriff's Office located at the address below
- Applications may be emailed upon request
- Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2020 or until position is filled
- Applications may be returned by mail or email (see below for address and email)
- $ 34,258.00 annually
- $500.00 a year clothing allowance
- Longevity Pay
Benefits: (benefits package through the county)
- Christmas bonus
- Christmas club
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement (7%, 11.8% County Pays)
- Sick Leave
- Insurance (.45% Life Term Insurance)
- Vacation time
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Reports directly to a Senior Jailer or Jail Administrator, responsible for supervising inmates and providing care, safety, and security
while maintaining rules, regulations, and cleanliness of the Wilbarger County Jail. Works in one of three general post assignments:
Booking, Control, or Floor. Unarmed assignment.
- Book, fingerprint, photograph, and process new inmates
- Classify, transfer, and release inmates with attention to safety and security to other officers, inmates, and the public
- Conduct roll of inmates and regular security checks of inmate living quarters and all other areas to which inmates have
- Perform in-custody searches, check and secure the personal property of inmates.
- Intervene and resolve crisis situations such as fights and medical emergencies using proper departmental procedures.
- Assist with the personal needs of inmates by serving meals, mail delivery, and facilitating visitation
- Keep inmate roster and housing assignment board up to date.
- Dispense medication to inmates who require it.
- Keep accurate and timely records and file reports as necessary.
- Clean the jail facility and ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct on and off duty
- Perform other duties as assigned by the chief of police or jail administrator.
- Regular attendance required.
- High School Diploma or GED required by TCOLE for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age per Rule 217.1 of the Texas Administrative Code
- Preference will be given to current or retired jailers seeking lateral entry.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License
- Must be able to pass the TCOLE mandated physical and psychological requirements.
- Must be willing to relocate to Wilbarger County Texas
- Successful candidates must pass the WCSO comprehensive pre-employment background, which includes but is not
limited, medical exam, psychological exam, credit history, work history.
Wilbarger County Sheriff's Office
Office of: Bill Price, Sheriff
Attn: Chief Deputy Clinton Nava
Wilbarger County Court House
1700 Wilbarger St Rm#18
Vernon, Texas 76384