DEPUTY EMPLOYMENT HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT
Notice is hereby given that the Stephens County Sheriff's Office (TX), is currently accepting applications for the following position(s):
Title: Patrol Deputy (Full-Time)
Location: Stephens County (Breckenridge, TX and greater area)
Salary: Entry Level at $17.58/HR (plus yearly longevity pay)
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, Vested Retirement at 8 Years, 12/HR Shifts = Lots of Time Off (84 HR Pay Periods), Reasonable Overtime Pay Available, Work for a Modern, Professional Agency in a Rural, Small Town, Vacation & Sick Time.
Perks: Low Cost of Living; Lots of Hunting, Fishing, & Outdoor Activities for You and Your Family; See the Effects of Your Service & Enforcement; Take-Home Patrol Vehicle for On-Duty Use Only.
Please turn in our county wide employment application at the Sheriff's Office between the hours of 8AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a printed copy of your full credit report with the score.
The next phase is to turn in your TCOLE Personal History Statement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a High School Graduate or Possess a GED Equivalent.
- Must be in Good Physical and Mental Health and Free of any Drug Dependency or Illegal Drug Use (A Fitness Exam, Drug Screen, Medical Exam, and Psychological Assessment are required prior to appointment).
- Must be FREE of any Criminal Record (Above the grade of Class "C" Misdemeanor).
- Must Possess a Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must have Reliable Transportation with Proof of Automobile Insurance.
- Must be Willing and Able to Work 12 Hour Shifts, which will include every other weekend and some holidays.
Applicant must meet minimum requirements set forth by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement to become a Licensed Peace Officer or hold a current TCOLE license. Applicants will be screened and subjected to a complete background investigation. Selected applicants will be notified for an interview. No information will be disclosed before or during the screening process. Professional resumes are strongly encouraged to be included with your application.
"Drifter" cops and those with a repetitive, negative work history at other rural agencies need not apply. We are a small, but ethical and professional agency. There is no good ole boy system here.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Chief Deputy and the Sheriff.
- Respond to 911 calls and other non-emergency calls for service.
- Assist in developing strategies to build partnerships with the community.
- Effectively and efficiently conduct patrol tactics, traffic stops, other proactive crime prevention, and enforcement strategies.
- Conduct preliminary and follow-up investigations for reported crime
- File criminal cases in a timely manner with the County Attorney and District Attorney.
- Professionally testify in court.
- Transport inmates, juveniles, and mental health patients across the state.
- Be a team player.
The Office of the Sheriff of Stephens County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.