Position Title: Patrol Deputy
Department: Sheriff's Office
Post-Opening Date: Aug 5, 2020
Post-Closing Date: Aug 21, 2020
To apply for position, turn in completed application to Patrol Sergeant.
A Patrol Deputy is responsible for the efficient performance of required duties conforming to the rules, regulations, and general orders contained herein. Duties shall consist of, but are not limited to, general law enforcement responsibilities necessary to the safety and good order of the community.
A Patrol Deputy shall:
- Identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and, where appropriate, apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings.
- Reduce the opportunities for the commission of crime through preventive patrol and other measures.
- Aid people who are in danger of physical harm.
- Facilitate the movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Identify potentially serious law enforcement or governmental problems.
- Promote and preserve the peace.
- Provide emergency services when the need arises.
The position has frequent exposure to risk situations; the impact of the incumbent's decision(s) minimally affect the operation of the organization. The worker may be exposed to danger with potential for bodily injury or even death to acts of aggression on the part of others or to exposure to disasters such as fires, explosions, etc. Work involves moderate physical strain and requires some strength and endurance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to oversee daily operations and Patrol functions effectively
- Some knowledge of the philosophy, objectives and practices of counseling, particularly as related to juveniles;
- Ability to deal effectively with juveniles and adults;
- Ability to analyze evidence;
- Ability to organize and prepare clear and concise oral and written reports;
- Skill in the use of firearms and police equipment;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with juveniles, parents, school officials, fellow workers and the public;
- Write clear and accurate reports.
- Physically handle persons resisting arrest which may involve running, tackling, fist fights and wrestling. Hold self in readiness at all times to answer calls, accept authority, obey orders of superiors and accept a strict personal and organizational code of conduct and ethics.
- Physically perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED,
- Valid Texas Driver's license & TCOLE license,
- Responsible work experience