Position: Deputy Sheriff
Posting Date: April 4, 2016
Closing Date: May 31, 2016
Starting Salary: $39,806.91 annually
Clothing allowance: $1200.00 annually
Benefits provided: Health Insurance and Retirement for employee
Benefits available at cost to employee: Health insurance for immediate family members, dental and vision insurance for employee and immediate family members, AFLAC supplemental insurance policies of different types for employee and immediate family members.
Respond to dispatched calls for all types of law enforcement services including but not limited to assaults, domestic disturbances, thefts, and other criminal and civil calls for service. A Deputy will frequently have to deal with intoxicated persons who may be either victim or offender, and may also have to deal with persons that could be suffering from mental issues.
As a Patrol Deputy a person will be assigned to a 12 hour shift (may be days or nights) and be responsible for patrolling in an assigned geographical area of Henderson County to deter criminal activity by actively patrolling their assigned area in a marked patrol unit looking for criminal arrest and narcotics intervention.
A patrol Deputy will also have to respond to manmade and natural disasters.
All Deputies are subject to 24 hour call under extenuating circumstances.
A Patrol Deputy will also be available for any special duties assigned by the Sheriff.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Must be a citizen of the United States
3. Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
4. Must possess a valid Texas Class “C” driver’s license. Must have and maintain a good driving record in accordance with the driving standards as established by the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office.
5. Must hold a current Texas Peace Officer License.
6. If in the US military, provide proof of honorable discharge (DD214)
7. If separated from any other law enforcement agency, must have an honorable discharge shown on your F5.
8. Must pass a written examination, physical exam, background investigation, drug screen, psychological test, and an oral interview by an Interviewing Board.
9. Must pass a 50 round handgun qualification course administered by the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, with a score of 70% or greater, before employment.
10. Must demonstrate the highest integrity on and off-duty, demonstrate the ability to pay just debts and not arbitrarily neglect to pay just debts, demonstrate responsibility in financial obligations, maintain composure and perform effectively in stressful situations.
How to Apply:
Applications can be picked up at:
Henderson County Sheriff’s Office
206 A North Murchison Street
Athens, Texas 75751
Or you may contact the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office at (903) 675-5128 and either speak with or ask to leave message for Lieutenant Jim Langford.