Collin County Sheriff's Office (Detention Officer Position)
The Collin County Sheriff’s Office is recruiting for the position of Detention Officer.
A Detention Officer provides custodial care necessary for the security and well-being of inmates confined in the Collin County jail. Responsibilities include preparing inmates for transport to court appearances, processing new inmates, assisting victim’s advocates, supervising inmate visitation, distributing food to inmates, conducting security checks, overseeing inmate sentence calculation and releases by reviewing court commitments, handling control room operations, and reviewing and verifying inmates trust fund accounts. Work is performed under the general supervision of a Sergeant, Lieutenant, or Captain.
- Only candidates, who are available for shift work, including overnight shifts, are eligible to apply for this position. Candidates MUST be available to work any shift.
- Candidates must have the knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, or office processes
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) County Jailer Certification within twelve (12) months after assignment (paid for by Collin County)
- No previous experience necessary
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas Operator’s Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Starting Salary is $37,701 per year
- Certification and special teams pay
- We have several specialized units and opportunity for advancement throughout the Sheriff’s Office
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long and short-term disability
- Vacation leave, paid training, and sick leave
- TCDRS Retirement with a 2-1 match
- Uniforms provided
The best way to learn more about our office is to schedule a tour. Not only will you see firsthand what happens throughout the Sheriff’s Office, you will be able to see our facilities, the working environments, and you will have a one on one experience where you can ask questions.
If you would like to inquire about the position or you have any questions, request to speak with Investigator Angel Hawkes at (972) 547-5155, or email SOrecruit@CollinCountyTX.gov.
Collin County Sheriff’s Office
4300 Community Avenue
McKinney, TX 75071