The Goliad County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for Patrol Deputy.
- Starting salary $17.51 per hour
- Overtime paid at time-and-a-half (not comp time); ample overtime opportunities available
- Full benefits package, including comprehensive Blue Cross medical coverage, through county
- Retirement through Texas County and District Retirement System
- Uniforms (except footwear) provided
- Weapons (sidearm, shotgun, patrol rifle) provided
- Take-home assigned unit after completion of probationary period
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Patrol county and city roadways and assists citizens in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Respond to calls for service as directed, performs traffic enforcement duties, issues citations as necessary, direct traffic as well as respond to and investigate traffic crashes.
- Complete offense and incident reports as well as investigate criminal activity and may be required to testify in court.
- Execute warrant and on view arrests as required in hostile and non-hostile environments and situations.
- Respond to animal control calls.
- Investigate and protects crime scenes, obtain latent prints, take photographs, mark and record evidence in the chain of custody and deposit all evidence into the care of the agency evidence holding facility.
- Serve civil process documents and conduct civil standby as required.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Sheriff or supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required by TCOLE for this position.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Peace Officer or in a related field required OR an equivalent combination of education and related experience is preferred but not required.
- Possession of a valid driver's license or must be able to obtain a State of Texas driver's license within 90 days.
- License as a basic peace officer in good standing with TCOLE a must.
- Must be able to pass the TCOLE mandated physical and psychological requirements.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus, but not required
Capt. John Pape, Goliad County Sheriff’s Office, 361-645-3451 or email@example.com.
Application forms are available at the Goliad County Sheriff’s Office or can be downloaded at the Goliad SO Website at www.goliadcountyso.org under the “Employee Opportunities” tab.